If you need a new website or another online service, please visit some of the sites I have designed using the links to my clients below. Many of them are also represented on my Portfolio page, where you can read my comments about the project. While I’m always happy to start from scratch when building new sites, any one of the sites below could be reproduced and updated with your own content to save on costs.
Oh, it’s SO embarrassing! As they say, the cobbler’s kids go barefoot…and the we designer’s website is chronically in need of updating! Contrary to what you see below, I did continue building new website in 2019, and have even gotten one completed already in February 2020. I’ve updated the links below to include the best projects from 2019-20 to date on 2/18/2020.
New websites are underway now and there are more waiting in the wings. I’ll try to be better about updating this post wo there will always be links to my best and most recently completed sites for you to see.
** E-Commerce examples
*** Custom websites I’m exceptionally proud to have designed and/or customized.
Web Design Clients:
Websites for Small Business
- ** *** Hot Diggity Dog Wear – NEW! 2020 new website. Nadine recently moved to our area and wanted to reinvent herself after 40 years of professional patternmaking. Her adorable fleece dog coats and hoodies(!!) have made her an overnight sensation in town, and her dog bandanas and scarves keep beloved pups cozy when it’s not cold enough to cover up with a coat. This site features a full e-commerce online shop with a Facebook mirror shop, customer action shot gallery, and more features are coming soon. I designed the logo and the website from scratch. Adorable website and products, and a joy to work on.
- *** Giclée Yoshimatsu – NEW! 2019 new website. A dear friend of another client of mine, the proprietor of Giclée Yoshimatsu decided it was time for a website to complement his flourishing fine art printing business. I’m grateful that he chose me to do the work, as it’s a lovely, minimalist site with certain traits that set it apart from the rest. Yoshimatsu offers fine art printing both in Arkansas where he’s based and throughout the West. He also does his own fine art photography, which you can see on the site. He has connections to places where West Coast artists can show in the Southwest, making him a doubly valuable ally. Artist Genie Talbott, mentioned below in the Websites for Artists section, has used him for her fine art prints for years. Artist Brenda Mills Brannan, mentioned below in the Websites for Artists section, liked the layout of his new website so much that we used it for her new website, too.
- *** Tachi Skin Care – NEW! 2019 HTML to WordPress conversion and hosting migration for an aesthetician who started her practice in southern Oregon but needed a fresh online presentation after moving to Portland. We preserved the design of her existing website while converting it to the WordPress platform, adding new content and features, and hooking her up with a blog and Mailchimp newlsetters.
- ***Spa Jacksonville – NEW! 2018 HTML to WordPress conversion and hosting migration for a long-established and beloved local business. We largely preserved the minimalist, clean and spare design while adding new content and features, including bios for each of the professionals on staff. Look for a new ecommerce feature (Square) with Spa’s custom skincare products AND for the therapists of Spa to begin blogging soon!
- ** ***American Memorycraft – NEW! 2018 New website for American MemoryCraft in Grants Pass. Owner Eli Beard (also known locally as the owner of Rogue Art Glass) employs 12 master glass blowers to create the company’s gorgeous cremation urns. Photographs of their work made creating a beautiful website a delight, and Eli’s desire to include plenty of interesting historical information and more made it a well-rounded site as far as content, too. The WooCommerce catalog that becomes a full-featured online shop when a member (limited to his wholesale national distributors, which include Forest Lawn and more industry-wide stars) logs in was a complex undertaking, but it’s working beautifully and has prepared me to do more sites along these lines.
- *** Talent Club Live – 2018 New website for the Talent Club, a beloved and historic dive bar in Talent, Oregon. The new owners of this classic venue wanted to put their emphasis on live music. In addition to local bands and comedy performers, they book loads of bands traveling up and down the I-5 corridor, so it’s become a real mainstay as a local venue showcasing top-shelf live music. Though a one-page site with modest content, the design is unique and includes an event calendar I update regularly with the concerts and comedy performances performing there the following month. NOTE: We are adding several significant updates starting in February 2020, so watch for new content on the website!
- *** Home For Sale Site – 2018 New website for an individual putting her Three Pines Ranch custom log home up for sale. An experienced home renovator and reseller, she wasn’t satisfied with the online presentation her realtor had established. We worked hard on this one and in the end we dispensed with the photo gallery, using the video with pictures of the home to provide this essential element. This site could easily be converted for the sale of any home, and adding a slideshow of images of the home would be a simple addition.
- Ryan’s Outpost – 2017 New website, SEO, maintenance and content updates for the iconic Applegate Valley business.
- ** *** Carpe Diem Papers – 2017 Redesigned website and massive overhaul for an Ashland, OR greeting card designer with newly added ecommerce capabilities and Mailchimp integration; maintenance and content updates.
- The Finishing Touch – 2017 New one-page website for a very talented furniture restoration professional in Grants Pass, Oregon.
- *** Mountain Sun Botanicals – 2016 Southern Oregon medical marijuana grower site conversion from html to WordPress, preserving home page design and redesigning subpages, setting up custom Google Suite busine emails, SSL.
- *** Meta Physical Therapy & Pilates – I just love the new website created for H. Kate Huckert, DPT, in 2016. Her fondness for the Oriental aesthetic is expressed beautifully in this layout and design.
- *** Ruch Hardware – 2016 New website, SEO, maintenance and content updates. This site has personality plus, like its owner, and is quite the community hub in the Ruch/Applegate Valley area. Tiffany updates her blog regularly, so it’s a great community resource.
- Iris Colored Dreams – 2016 New website, SEO, maintenance for Silhouette, an Ashland woman practicing in the blind psychic tradition. We will continue updating the site with new content and features in 2020.
- Ashland Archival Printing – 2015 Website Redesign, SEO, maintenance for a Talent, Oregon fine art giclee printing company
- C St Bistro – 2015 Website redesign with WordPress conversion, SEO, maintenance for a local restaurant.
- *** Markwood Heavenly Strings & Cases 2014 Site redesign/conversion to WordPress and content updates for a Talent, OR woman who creates custom harp strings and more. A nicely streamlined site with great graphics to text balance.
- ** *** Dodero Studio Ceramics – For the past few years I have mostly worked with John Dodero on search engine optimization for his Raku pottery e-commerce (WooCommerce) website. However, eventually this emphasis on SEO demanded that we merge his HTML site with his blog in 2014 and converted from an outdated theme to a modern one that is mobile-friendly while preserving the site’s original design in 2015–early 2016. We continue to work together to add new content, new products, and keep the search engine optimization…optimized.
- Shosha Yoga – 2011 New website.
- Maggie’s Place – One of my first clients (2010), Maggie’s site is an original html design.
Community, Non Profit & Association Websites
- *** Lithia Artisans Market – NEW! 2018 New website for the Lithia Artisans Market (LAMA), in Ashland, Oregon. The volunteers who manage the group’s online presence had been using a free site at WordPress.com for years and decided it was finally time to go for their own self-hosted website. Having access to numerous resources, including their own designer and photographer, made building this site a joy, and the final result sent us all over the moon. We may be adding more features and content to it in the future.
- *** The Buddha Consciousness – 2017 Website migration to new host and redesign for the first of three sites owned by an online free church, Light Path Resources. Ongoing maintenance and content updates.
- *** Light Path Resources – 2017 Website migration to new host and redesign for the second of three sites owned by an online free church, Light Path Resources. Ongoing maintenance and very frequent content updates.
- *** Military Truth – 2017 Website migration to new host and redesign for a nonprofit seeking to educate people considering enlisting in the Armed Forces so they know what they’re getting into. Ongoing maintenance and very frequent content updates.
- *** Jennifer Faith – 2014 Design, SEO and maintenance for a site that supports victims of domestic violence and abuse. Best for a blogger with great featured images, as the Home page depends on excerpts for the design.
- Art Presence Art Center – 2012 New website for a local nonprofit art gallery. Our ongoing work includes maintenance, social media support and content updates. I also write a monthly article for Art Presence which is published in the Jacksonville Review.
- *** Southern Oregon Artists Resource – Launched 1/1/2010, currently being redesigned behind the scenes and will ultimately merge with the blog. This is an example of a successful, large and very complex project which I created from scratch. I’m eager to get the new site completed and launched!
- Southern Oregon Artists Resource Companion Blog, Art Matters – Launched 3/2010, currently being redesigned behind the scenes and will be merged with the directory site above. Watch for the completion of this enormous project!
- *** Marie’s Baskets – NEW! 2019 New website. Marie contacted me to convert her old website to WordPress and freshen the content. It wound up being a bigger job than we anticipated, and the new baskets we added to the site are stunners! The site is lovely, uncluttered and clean, and the wares are well worth visiting to see!
- *** Glenn J Hill, Author – NEW! 2019 New website. I had worked on Glenn’s harp website and his wife’s harp string website for several years when he wrote a book, got it published, and asked me to build a website for it. This was a super fun website to create and it came out really lovely. You might like his book, too, the first in a series of three with more to come soon. Check it out!
- *** Sculptor Jay Warren – NEW! 2019 New website. Jay’s Warren Sculpture website had gotten quite old and he no longer had time to update it himself, so he approached me to redesign it, moving to the WordPress platform. Jay is no joke – his magnificent life size bronze statues and monuments have been commissioned by top players across the country. His work is amazing, and his website is a wonderful setting to showcase it now. You really must visit to see his bronzes!
- *** Brenda Mills Brannan – NEW! 2019 New website. Brenda had just moved to the area and her website had been down for over a year as she and her husband built their new home. I was delighted that she contacted me when she was ready to get back online with a new website! Her art is so beautiful and she chose a design format for her site that’s a departure from the usual. Please check it out and see for yourself!
- *** Wing Tips HA! Artist Leslie Dwyer started this site but quickly found herself out of time, so I took it from the bare bones start she had accomplished to completion. Her goal for this website was to establish the value of her Wing Tips — humorous and uniquely rendered single-frame advice “comics” — prior to presenting the idea to publishers so she can print a gift book containing them. Once I had the site completed, Leslie scheduled a years’ worth of Wing Tips to publish one or two every week. She is quickly gaining a devoted following, myself included, which I truly hope ends up in a successful publishing deal for her. Once you’ve seen this one, check out her Design4Peace.com website, with loads of terrific social justice poster designs! Leslie is amazing.
- *** Phillip Young – 2018 New website. Phil recently moved to my area, and having retired from successful careers as an artist for the Disney Company—for which he has credits in 17 of their most successful animated features—and teaching illustration, sequential art and sculpture, he wanted to settle into a life of creating his own fine art. His website serves as an introduction to his new community and the regional art community as well as an online resume and portfolio for galleries and other artist opportunities. This could be converted into a very attractive one page website without sacrificing any of the content.
- ** Beste Art – I had already worked on artist Patrick Beste’s website to provide content updates, SEO and SSL installation for some time. In 2017 he decided that he wanted it completely redesigned and an online shop (WooCommerce) for his artwork added. His abstract artwork made designing the site really fun.
- *** Ray Pague – 2017 New artist website. You must see Ray’s beautiful work and unique style of painting! He and his wife contacted me to create his new website as soon as they moved here from North Carolina, where he is well known for his art. Another artist website of which I’m especially proud.
- Kirsten Meriwether Art – 2017 New artist website. Kirsten and her sister had gotten her new site started, but Kirsten ran out of time to finish the work herself, so she called me. We got her artwork up in categorized portfolio galleries in no time!
- Carla J Griffin – 2016 New Website, maintenance and content updates
- Tina Hutton – – 2016 WordPress Conversion, redesign and SEO
- *** Catherine Anderson, AWS -2015 Massive overhaul including redesign, SEO and security measures. A work still in progress, and one I’m especially proud of. Be sure to visit and see her award winning watercolors!
- ** *** Linda Abblett Watercolors – 2015 HTML to WordPress conversion with redesign and added e-commerce (WooCommerce), maintenance and content updates, SSL added 2017. Another beautiful custom site I’m proud to have been chosen to create.
- *** Butterfly’s Web – 2015 New Website, logo update, maintenance and content updates for a very talented fiber artist who spins natural fibers in to yarn and dyes them with a range of synthetic and natural dyes, some made from plants that grow on her farm! Colorful, beautiful site with an active blog.
- *** Michael Carpenter, OPA – 2015 New website, maintenance. A very handsome website for a particularly talented and experienced artist.
- *** Pat Moore Photography 2015 New website, maintenance, SEO services for a fabulous photographer. We plan the addition of ecommerce and SEO to this site in 2018.
- ** *** Kim Novak – 2014 New website with e-commerce (PayPal), maintenance and content updates, SSL added 2017. A conservative site which showcases this beloved actress’ incredibly creative pastel and oil paintings, accompanied by her original poetry.
- *** Pegi Smith – 2014 Migration to new host, massive website redesign and SEO, ongoing maintenance and content updates, added SSL in 2016. An artist website of which I’m especially proud.
- Lori Garfield, Animal Artist – 2014 New website, maintenance and content updates
- Judy Buswell Watercolors – 2014 HTML to WordPress conversion with redesign, maintenance and content updates. Judy’s watercolors have been popular for decades, and the greeting cards and other products her licensed works decorate are best-sellers still.
- *** Mountain Glen Harps – 2014 New website, SEO, maintenance.
- Eve Margo Withrow – 2014 New Website, maintenance and content updates
- Elaine Frenett Watercolors – 2014 New Website, maintenance and content updates
- ** Wendy Gell Jewelry & Art – 2014 Massive website redesign plus e-commerce (WooCommerce) and ongoing maintenance
- Billye Woodford – 2013 New Website, based on the customized site created for the late Boni de Laire earlier that year.
- Joan Pechanec – 2013 New Website, maintenance and annual content updates. Joan needed a budget solution for her site and I worked with her to display the maximum number of paintings (40) possible while keeping costs at a minimum. The new site landed Joan her first solo show at the Orlando Art Center in the same year! After painting for nearly a year to have enough work to fill the space, she sold nearly all of the works on display!
- Catie Faryl – 2012 New Website. SSL added 2016.
- Silvia Rothschild Trujillo – 2011 New Website; 2015 WordPress Conversion and redesign.
- RioQuerencia Fine Art Images – 2010 New custom HTML website for a wonderful fine art photographer.
SSL Installation, SEO, Maintenance, and Hosting Migration Client Links
- Angela Meer – Author and Writing Coach – I migrated Angela’s very complex website to a new host and extended her existing SSL certificate to cover the entire website in 2016
- Romancing the West I’ve been maintaining this website for singer/songwriter and producer of Romancing the West® since 2012 with both content updates and site maintenance. During that time I’ve restored it from a hack attack, migrated their website to new hosting, installed their SSL certificate and posted dozens and dozens of tour dates, as well as a few experiments. I also formatted/edited a children’s book for them in 2017 and design/update the new concert posters for their biannual tours.
- Stefan Baumann, Plein Air Artist This was a massive search engine optimization (SEO) project that required reorganizing the entire site’s content and pointing two no longer used, but very important, domains to his new site. Working with his assistant Kris Baxter, I also designed and formatted a catalog for a large art show of Stefan’s work in southern California.
- Talbott Studios – A wonderful artist who specializes in animals (particularly horses and equine art). Genie also designs gorgeous wine labels and more. I began with search engine optimization and content updates for her, and have been working with her site for several years. We will be redesigning and converting it to WordPress soon.
More exciting projects are in the works and others are lined up. It will be so fun to complete them and share the links here. If you are currently in need of a website, contact me today to get your project underway!